CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
updated: February, 2021
The venue conditions of entry (below) is available on the venue website and displayed at the entrance to each venue facility.
Stadiums Queensland, working in consultation with Queensland Health authorities, prioritises the health and safety of attendees to the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre (QSAC). Visitors (including patrons, athletes, coaches, officials, spectators and contractors) will be denied entry to QSAC should they have or show symptoms that may place persons at risk or endanger or impact on public health.
By attending QSAC, Visitors acknowledge that, even with control measures in place at QSAC, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19.
By attending QSAC, Visitors acknowledge that they have considered those risks and their own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that Visitors may have, and the circumstances of persons with whom Visitors will be in close contact following attendance at QSAC.
Visitors acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. Stadiums Queensland expressly relies on Visitors to bring this health issue waiver to the attention of any guest(s) of the Visitor. Stadiums Queensland will rely on this health issue waiver and proceed on the basis that all Visitors acknowledge and accept these risks to enter QSAC
Stadiums Queensland strongly recommends that Visitors install the Australian Government COVIDSafe App on your mobile device, with Bluetooth activated prior to entering the venue.
Visitors who do not comply with any directions of Management to comply with any health directions issued by the Queensland Government Chief Health Officer's in regards to COVID-19, may be committing an offence and may be refused entry to, or evicted from, QSAC. If you have a medical certificate exempting you from the health directions you need to contact QSAC on (07) 3405 7511 prior to your arrival, so that we are able to confirm and facilitate your entry to the venue on the day.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry;
Management reserves the right to implement bag and body searches;
For your safety and security, random surveillance is in use at this venue.
• Deliveries and product from external caterers and commercial outlets
• Oversized items will not be permitted into the venue. Backpacks, handbags, satchels and baby bags are permitted as long as they are no larger than A4 size and are subject to a bag search
• Cans, glass containers, dangerous or illegal substances, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers, musical instruments, selfie sticks and GOPROS
• Potential weapons as determined by Security and Police such as knives, chains, studded belts etc.
• Photographic, video or audio equipment for commercial purposes ie. detachable lenses (mobile phones permitted)
• Any items (including clothes) that display offensive or political messages
• Any items that can be used as a projectile or create litter
• Items which, in the opinion of Management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person
• Items which, in the opinion of Management, have the potential to cause damage to the venue and its facilities
• Folding Chairs
• Non-working Dogs
Management has the right to confiscate or refuse entry of prohibited items.
Management takes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Management reserves the right of eviction and to prohibit entry of all persons under the influence of drugs and alcohol, disorderly or inappropriate behaviour, vandalism and admission evasion. Breach of the rules constituting offences may be reported to police.
Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking is prohibited in all areas of the venue. Patrons who smoke within QSAC commit an offence under that Act, to which fines apply, and may be evicted from the venue. For more information, please view the Stadiums Queensland Tobacco Legislation webpage.
Scalping or purchase of tickets in breach of the Major Sports Facilities Act 2001 (qld) is an offence. Penalties of up to $1,500 may apply. Patrons who have purchased tickets in such a manner may be refused entry. For more information, please view the Stadiums Queensland Ticket Scalping webpage.
BY ENTERING THE GROUNDS, PATRONS AGREE TO:
• Behave in an appropriate manner
• Have their bags searched
• Reserved Seating: children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
• Field Areas: Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian to access the Field of Play area. Children under the age of 12 are not recommended for the Field of Play area.
• Follow directions of staff
• Retain tickets at all times
• Not raise umbrellas during the event
Foul or abusive language, intoxication, illegal behaviour, throwing of articles and objects, or entering the field of play will result in eviction from the grounds.
Offenders will be arrested and charged.
Stadium Management reserves the right to ban entrance to future events.
Stadiums Queensland is collecting your personal information on CCTV in the venue for the purpose of venue security and public safety. Footage may be provided to the Queensland Police Service. All personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.