THE MAIN STADIUM
QSAC's Main Stadium features a brand new, state of the art 10 lane Rekotan track surrounding a rectangular playing field suitable for sports and training.
The facility is used for international, national and local athletics events and school sports carnivals, as well as major events and concerts including Guns N Roses, Pearl Jam, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, U2, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel and Elton John and Aida.
MAIN STADIUM FACILITIES:
- 48,500 grandstand seats
- Undercover corporate boxes
- 10 lane international standard track
- 4 long jump and triple jump runways/pits
- 2 Javelin runways
- High jump and pole vault facilities
- 2 shot put circles
- 2 discus cages
- 1 hammer cage
- Steeple facilities
- Two indoor canteen facilities
- First Aid Area
- Control room
- Dressing rooms
- PA System – fixed and roaming microphone
- Toilets and showers
- Car parking
- 4 lighting towers for night time events
- Photo finish facilities
STAGE AN EVENT
The Main Stadium is available for hire to Event Promoters and sporting associations wishing to stage a wide variety of events.
Built for the 1982 Commonwealth Games, it was on the athletics track of the Main Stadium that the giant Games mascot "Matilda" gave her now famous wink to help launch the event to the world.
Throughout it's history, QSAC has been used for international, national and local athletics events and school sports carnivals, and has hosted major sporting events including:
- Brisbane Broncos’ home games from 1993 – 2002
- 1997 Super League Grand Final
- State of Origin Rugby League in 2001 and 2002
- Davis Cup tennis in 1999 and 2000.
The Main Stadium has also hosted some of the world's most famous music acts including:
- Pearl Jam
- Bruce Springsteen
- Dire Straits
- Bon Jovi
- Michael Jackson
- the Rolling Stones
- Billy Joel
- Elton John and Aida.
In 2018, the Main Stadium was resurfaced with a state of the art 10 lane Rekotan track.